Sunday, December 8, 2013

Blog Post 16: My Final Reflection

 










A family of children of different ages.
Teaching is all so they can reach their dreams


      I have learned so much during my time in EDM 310. I must admit that I have definitely changed some of my views on technology in the classroom. I once believed all technology would be expensive and thus difficult to utilize in the public school system. Google has shown me that excellent programs exist for free. I learned that resources are available to those teacher's that are willing to put in the work to find them. I still believe that my classroom will include multiple learning strategies. Technology is a very useful tool along with: dissection, PBL, group work, and short lectures. I feel that the key to keeping a student invested in the information is to keep it fresh. By using several techniques in short duration, I believe you can keep your students attention and reinforce the subject matter in a manner that is not tedious.

     I would like to incorporate blogging in to my classroom. I learned throughout this class, that it is an excellent way to connect students. As I would like to teach biology in a high school setting, I will have several different groups. Through blogging they can see the thoughts and work of all of my student's from one convenient location. Even more exciting, they can see the work that biology students from around the world. It is my hope that this will challenge them to be the best they can be. I also would like to create a class website that parents and students can access to stay informed on what is happening in the classroom. In this way, parents are part of the classroom and an informed parent is able to help their child be successful. Students that miss school would also be able to keep up with the class and not fall behind. In my first blog post I was hesitant on the effectiveness of technology in a classroom for biology students;  I now see a world that is full of exciting educational technology. I will be a lifelong learner and use my PLN and my own research to maximize my students learning experience.

   





1 comment:

  1. Math and science. I agree with you. But the prospective teachers in EDM310 have trouble with high school math. What do we do about that.

    You enthusiasm about blogging is infectious. I like your emphasis on keeping parents involved.

    Where are your comments comparing you earlier comments on If I Built a school and your current ideas?

    ReplyDelete