Sunday, November 17, 2013

C4T 4 November 2013

C4T Teacher #4

Comment 1: November 10, 2013

    Becky Goerend’s Blog today discussed a day in her life. She repeatedly ran into students and talked with parents on her off time. She illustrated that being off work does not mean you are done with the role of teacher. She asked the question, would you want to live in the community you teach in? I say yes, I want to be out and see students and parents. I want to be part of my community and to really embrace my opportunity to be a positive influence in my students lives. I realize that at times it will be annoying to be in a hurry and have to talk to a student or parent on my personal time, but if you can not do that, how committed are you to what you are doing. Teaching is a responsibility to your town and it should be taking seriously.

Comment 2: November 16, 2013

    Today, I chose to read Ms. Becky Goerend’s post entitled: Turning it Over to Them, Success in the Making. In an attempt to try to find a way to improve classroom behavior, Ms. Goerend had her students decide when the top 3 times of disruptive behavior occurs in their classroom. They then worked to create a rubric as a way to grade behavior during these times. After the first peer evaluation the students score well below 50% and then set a goal to make it to 50% on the next evaluation. They were successful reaching 54%. This is early in its existence , but, I am interested to see how peer behavior moderation grows in her classroom. This is a very interesting idea indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment