Sunday, November 10, 2013

Lesson Plan 3: An Individual Smartboard Lesson

Lesson Plan 3 "Producers, Decomposers, and Consumers: Lesson Game can be viewed on my web page by clicking this link.



In this lesson, I am teaching a third grade biology lesson. We will cover the common core standard for students to be able to identify producers, consumers, and decomposers. We will play a matching game as a class in which each child will be asked to come up and select a picture of a animal, plant, fungus, or bacteria and categorize it using the smartboard tool I created. Each student will then be asked why he or she selected that category. This is a collaborative lesson in which the entire class can be involved and the students can teach each other. For this project I ask you to assume that I have already discussed these categories with the students. This lesson will serve as a review and a fun way to allow each student to be hands on with the information so that it will be easily absorbed for them.


 Matching Quiz: Producers, Decomposers, and Consumers




1 comment:

  1. Hello there Doug, my name is Brian. I'm from the Tuesday/Thursday afternoon EDM 310 class. I like the structure of your blog, and the background is quite cool. It does make reading on a white background hard on the eyes a bit, though I like the idea.

    Good job on the lesson plan, though I cannot access the link of the matching quiz at the moment. I wonder if I learned this material at such a young age, as it seems third graders let alone sixth would worry about biology. Nevertheless, the use of the Smartboard to drag plant/animal examples is a fun way to teach this age group I can see. And as always, peer teaching is one of the greatest things about public schooling where it can excel a student's understanding drastically. A good point you make is the hands on comment, where younger students will learn more with vivid experiences rather than just the theory. I definitely cater to teaching higher age groups such as teaching calculus, so this style of teaching is quite foreign to my thinking. Great job and keep it up Doug.

    ReplyDelete